AS RESIDENTS of Takeley, we are completely aghast at the idea of a £50,000 anti fly-parking scheme in Dunmow. It was bad enough when it was proposed but worse now it is being instigated. This has been brought about by Stansted Airport creating this proble
AS RESIDENTS of Takeley, we are completely aghast at the idea of a £50,000 anti fly-parking scheme in Dunmow. It was bad enough when it was proposed but worse now it is being instigated.
This has been brought about by Stansted Airport creating this problem and they refuse to acknowledge this is a problem but they are paying £50,000 to finance this parking scheme, really, the airport paying for something that was not their problem, I don't think so.
We propose a permit scheme but this the engineers told us at a meeting was 'illegal'.
I would now like to know where the vehicles I have parked quite successfully for 26 years should be now, between the hours of 10pm and 11am weekdays, perhaps outside their houses I would suggest.
We have been in a parking situation, whereby, so long as we all park outside our own homes, there is a status quo to the available space.
We are now faced with the situation whereby at 9.50pm weekdays, many vehicles will be scrambling for parking in the streets where this scheme does not apply.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 8 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies
How do they feel about that? Then at 11.10am vehicles will be scrambling to park back outside their own homes again, otherwise if they don't, other cars, probably 'fly parkers' will move in.
How do they propose that shift workers, as there are many now in Takeley, will get along with this ridiculous scheme? They will be in bed when all this moving around is supposed to happen.
Our household will have many an interesting day when my wife will be leaving her car outside to walk to work, but will somehow have to return to move it.
I do not always take my van to work if I am working on a local customer's car. Tell me what happens then?
I can not understand how this can happen, whereby there is no problem one minute, then something moves in (Stansted Airport) and creates a problem and then the people that are inconvenienced in the first place have to suffer. This is madness in the extreme.
While drafting this letter our neighbour has paved over his front garden in anticipation of this scheme.
Letters may be edited for clarity or length. Please ensure your letter is less than 300 words long.