Paralympic gold medallist gets help with purpose built home
WHEN Paralympian Dan Bentley decided he wanted his own place, he knew it would take a very special home to suit his needs.
The 26-year-old was keen to enjoy greater independence, yet wanted to remain close to his family and friends in Dunmow, Essex. He discovered the home that ticked all the right boxes at The Mews at White Street, just a short distance away.
Graphic design graduate Dan chose a stylish two-bedroom apartment in Caspian House, a ground-floor property with a private front door for easy wheelchair access. Because he bought off-plan, Taylor Wimpey was able to arrange for his new home to be specially adapted for his needs while it was being built.
Dan said: “I would like to very much thank all the staff at Taylor Wimpey for all their help in making this move happen. They have been so accommodating to my needs. Without their help I don’t think it would’ve been possible.”
Dan, who has cerebral palsy, was a gold medal winner in Beijing 2008 in the team Boccia – a Paralympic sport similar to bowls and played by wheelchair athletes.
You may also want to watch:
He has an individual world ranking in BC2 (a class of Boccia) of 14 and is training for London 2012, so it was important to him that his new home was in a convenient location for his busy training schedule.
Dan added: “It is ideal for everything I do as it’s located in the centre of Dunmow and near major road links. I drive to training and this is an ideal base. I currently train for the Paralympics 12 hours a week including Boccia, gym work and swimming and have many weekend training camps which can be as far as Sheffield.”
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 6 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
Dan graduated from Portsmouth University last July and is considering working from home once he’s moved into his new place, which is due to be ready this summer.
The Mews Sales Centre is located off White Street, Great Dunmow. For more details call 0845 026 5634 or visit taylorwimpey.co.uk.