Old folk need somewhere too
IT is great to see that provision for a youth hangout has been proposed for our ailing High Street, in the shape of a new juice bar. The young people in Dunmow must get bored in the evenings, with so little to do, and I think this is the perfect addition
IT is great to see that provision for a youth hangout has been proposed for our ailing High Street, in the shape of a new juice bar.
The young people in Dunmow must get bored in the evenings, with so little to do, and I think this is the perfect addition for a sleepy market town such as ours.
However I do have one gripe, why is it that provision for the young always makes the front pages, which is understandable, but the older folk seem to get left behind?
I cannot remember the last time I heard of a new project being set up in the town for us older folk.
You may also want to watch:
I used to be a regular visitor to the Mullucks auction rooms on Chequers Lane before they closed at the end of last year. That was one activity which really appealed to people of all ages and enabled families to have the same interests.
Maybe someone could bring auctions back to Dunmow, as I believe that is something we would all like to see.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
Name and address supplied