Essex is a large county, 367sq km. In 1961 it was possible to take great walks in Hatfield Forest. Living in Takeley was a pleasure. Unfortunately now it is mainly urban, and noise night and day with pollution from cars and Stansted Airport. There are lo
Essex is a large county, 367sq km. In 1961 it was possible to take great walks in Hatfield Forest. Living in Takeley was a pleasure.
Unfortunately now it is mainly urban, and noise night and day with pollution from cars and Stansted Airport. There are lots of beautiful old houses and a church originally of Norman heritage.
Stansted advertises itself as "the airport in the country". Complete lies.
One of the better airports is London Luton, which recently had a party attended by Alistair Darling, who displayed the plaque and then rushed away.
You may also want to watch:
Now, that airport can be called as being in the countryside. Ample room for passengers and a number of aircraft on the top level waiting for passengers to board. The cheaper airlines at Stansted will not be as safe, for passengers, when the number of flights will reach 50 million. Stands to reason, with such enormous numbers of flights taking off, at very short intervals.
Far safer, I believe, to travel on the ferry, with your car, or the Channel Tunnel.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
Stansted Airport, with colossal cheek, wants more police without any payment from the airport because of the probability of terrorist attacks. No doubt about it - too much noise, too much noise at night and too much pollution. We must check global warming.