No more development please
We regularly see the protests of residents in Henham and Elsenham that don t want the proposed new town to be Uttlesford District Council s Option 4 or the Government s eco-town. As I understand, they favour an alternative of spreading these government im
We regularly see the protests of residents in Henham and Elsenham that don't want the proposed new town to be Uttlesford District Council's Option 4 or the Government's eco-town.
As I understand, they favour an alternative of spreading these government imposed houses across the whole of Uttlesford.
Put yourself in the eyes of a Dunmow, Stebbing or Takeley resident. We already find ourselves in villages that are almost unrecognisable from those which we lived in a few years ago. We have had a huge amount of development and cannot take any more.
Our Conservative administration at Uttlesford is between a rock and a hard place. No one wants these government imposed houses.
Our elected members and officers should be planning our local development based on our districts housing need not have Westminster telling them what numbers we must have.
When Elsenham and Henham residents say not Option 4, what is the choice?
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
Surely not more development in areas like ours which have already taken more than their fair share.
This whole problem stems from a Labour government that does not listen but dictates.
Carol James, Dunmow