No more development please
We regularly see the protests of residents in Henham and Elsenham that don t want the proposed new town to be Uttlesford District Council s Option 4 or the Government s eco-town. As I understand, they favour an alternative of spreading these government im
We regularly see the protests of residents in Henham and Elsenham that don't want the proposed new town to be Uttlesford District Council's Option 4 or the Government's eco-town.
As I understand, they favour an alternative of spreading these government imposed houses across the whole of Uttlesford.
Put yourself in the eyes of a Dunmow, Stebbing or Takeley resident. We already find ourselves in villages that are almost unrecognisable from those which we lived in a few years ago. We have had a huge amount of development and cannot take any more.
Our Conservative administration at Uttlesford is between a rock and a hard place. No one wants these government imposed houses.
You may also want to watch:
Our elected members and officers should be planning our local development based on our districts housing need not have Westminster telling them what numbers we must have.
When Elsenham and Henham residents say not Option 4, what is the choice?
- 1 Man fined for driving to Dunmow to exercise dog
- 2 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 3 Tributes are paid to much loved vet Stephen Flood
- 4 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 5 Eve creates cerebral palsy awareness stamps
- 6 Farm wins best Pick Your Own category in awards
- 7 Another award for Old Park Meadow
- 8 Two dogs stolen as Uttlesford dog owners voice concern
- 9 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 10 Co-op windows are smashed and cigarettes stolen
Surely not more development in areas like ours which have already taken more than their fair share.
This whole problem stems from a Labour government that does not listen but dictates.
Carol James, Dunmow