No more development please
We regularly see the protests of residents in Henham and Elsenham that don t want the proposed new town to be Uttlesford District Council s Option 4 or the Government s eco-town. As I understand, they favour an alternative of spreading these government im
We regularly see the protests of residents in Henham and Elsenham that don't want the proposed new town to be Uttlesford District Council's Option 4 or the Government's eco-town.
As I understand, they favour an alternative of spreading these government imposed houses across the whole of Uttlesford.
Put yourself in the eyes of a Dunmow, Stebbing or Takeley resident. We already find ourselves in villages that are almost unrecognisable from those which we lived in a few years ago. We have had a huge amount of development and cannot take any more.
Our Conservative administration at Uttlesford is between a rock and a hard place. No one wants these government imposed houses.
You may also want to watch:
Our elected members and officers should be planning our local development based on our districts housing need not have Westminster telling them what numbers we must have.
When Elsenham and Henham residents say not Option 4, what is the choice?
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
Surely not more development in areas like ours which have already taken more than their fair share.
This whole problem stems from a Labour government that does not listen but dictates.
Carol James, Dunmow