GREAT Dunmow is a beautiful little town with lots to offer as an up and coming area, a lovely place to visit, but please, can the shop holders and the local council take a long hard look at Angel Lane. I have been trading here for 30 years and abide by th
GREAT Dunmow is a beautiful little town with lots to offer as an up and coming area, a lovely place to visit, but please, can the shop holders and the local council take a long hard look at Angel Lane.
I have been trading here for 30 years and abide by the 'rules'. However, many new traders seem to think they can pile up rubbish and leave it on a heap at the foot of the lane.
Along with the cracks and pot-holed tarmac, this leaves the lane an appalling site. The lane is a walkway through to the doctor's surgery, car park, Tuesday market and many parents take their children to school through the lane.
I, like other businesses, pay my rates and buy the correct refuse sacks. I even take my rubbish to the tip if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
This much used part of the town is fast becoming a disgrace to Great Dunmow as well as an health and safety hazard.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 5 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
Occasions Florist, Angel Lane, Great Dunmow