GREAT Dunmow is a beautiful little town with lots to offer as an up and coming area, a lovely place to visit, but please, can the shop holders and the local council take a long hard look at Angel Lane. I have been trading here for 30 years and abide by th
GREAT Dunmow is a beautiful little town with lots to offer as an up and coming area, a lovely place to visit, but please, can the shop holders and the local council take a long hard look at Angel Lane.
I have been trading here for 30 years and abide by the 'rules'. However, many new traders seem to think they can pile up rubbish and leave it on a heap at the foot of the lane.
Along with the cracks and pot-holed tarmac, this leaves the lane an appalling site. The lane is a walkway through to the doctor's surgery, car park, Tuesday market and many parents take their children to school through the lane.
I, like other businesses, pay my rates and buy the correct refuse sacks. I even take my rubbish to the tip if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
This much used part of the town is fast becoming a disgrace to Great Dunmow as well as an health and safety hazard.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
Occasions Florist, Angel Lane, Great Dunmow