No compensation for dump screens
WHY are Essex County Council officers lying to Members of Parliament and to local councillors? In a letter dated July 16, 2007 to the Rt Hon Sir Alan Haselhurst MP, from Nicola Beach (Head of Waste and Recycling), it is stated that the issue of compensat
WHY are Essex County Council officers lying to Members of Parliament and to local councillors?
In a letter dated July 16, 2007 to the Rt Hon Sir Alan Haselhurst MP, from Nicola Beach (Head of Waste and Recycling), it is stated that "the issue of compensation of the residents fronting the site is currently being investigated by ECC's legal department and the residents will be contacted in due course."
We (the three residents of the houses screening your dump) met with representatives of ECC and Cllr Flack/Barker in June 2006 to have the dump explained to us. At this meeting we were told that we could not receive compensation.
The question of compensation was again asked at the public consultation meeting at the Foakes Hall, again the answer was no compensation or buying of our houses. (July 2006)
You may also want to watch:
With further letters to yourself and to the Head of Waste, Nicola Beach to ask about compensation, we have received the same reply, "after consulting ECC's Legal department, no compensation, or offer to buy the houses can be made". (Letters available for press if required.)
With regard to the search for a site for the Waste Transfer Building, NO Evidence of a search for an alternative site is shown in the planning document. (No search made)
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 10 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
The letter to the Member Of Parliament Sir Alan Haselhurst MP is clearly designed to mislead, or at worse an outright lie.
Why are Essex County Council officers giving misleading information to Members of Parliament and to local councillors?
On a separate issue, council leader Lord Hanningfield, why have you not replied to my letters, especially with regard to your website explaining how you are "Enhancing Peoples Lives in Essex"?
I would still like your reply as to how this dump enhances our lives. Perhaps the members of the press can get an answer from you.
TJ and S Hockley