No compensation for dump screens
WHY are Essex County Council officers lying to Members of Parliament and to local councillors? In a letter dated July 16, 2007 to the Rt Hon Sir Alan Haselhurst MP, from Nicola Beach (Head of Waste and Recycling), it is stated that the issue of compensat
WHY are Essex County Council officers lying to Members of Parliament and to local councillors?
In a letter dated July 16, 2007 to the Rt Hon Sir Alan Haselhurst MP, from Nicola Beach (Head of Waste and Recycling), it is stated that "the issue of compensation of the residents fronting the site is currently being investigated by ECC's legal department and the residents will be contacted in due course."
We (the three residents of the houses screening your dump) met with representatives of ECC and Cllr Flack/Barker in June 2006 to have the dump explained to us. At this meeting we were told that we could not receive compensation.
The question of compensation was again asked at the public consultation meeting at the Foakes Hall, again the answer was no compensation or buying of our houses. (July 2006)
You may also want to watch:
With further letters to yourself and to the Head of Waste, Nicola Beach to ask about compensation, we have received the same reply, "after consulting ECC's Legal department, no compensation, or offer to buy the houses can be made". (Letters available for press if required.)
With regard to the search for a site for the Waste Transfer Building, NO Evidence of a search for an alternative site is shown in the planning document. (No search made)
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
The letter to the Member Of Parliament Sir Alan Haselhurst MP is clearly designed to mislead, or at worse an outright lie.
Why are Essex County Council officers giving misleading information to Members of Parliament and to local councillors?
On a separate issue, council leader Lord Hanningfield, why have you not replied to my letters, especially with regard to your website explaining how you are "Enhancing Peoples Lives in Essex"?
I would still like your reply as to how this dump enhances our lives. Perhaps the members of the press can get an answer from you.
TJ and S Hockley