No compensation for dump screens
WHY are Essex County Council officers lying to Members of Parliament and to local councillors? In a letter dated July 16, 2007 to the Rt Hon Sir Alan Haselhurst MP, from Nicola Beach (Head of Waste and Recycling), it is stated that the issue of compensat
WHY are Essex County Council officers lying to Members of Parliament and to local councillors?
In a letter dated July 16, 2007 to the Rt Hon Sir Alan Haselhurst MP, from Nicola Beach (Head of Waste and Recycling), it is stated that "the issue of compensation of the residents fronting the site is currently being investigated by ECC's legal department and the residents will be contacted in due course."
We (the three residents of the houses screening your dump) met with representatives of ECC and Cllr Flack/Barker in June 2006 to have the dump explained to us. At this meeting we were told that we could not receive compensation.
The question of compensation was again asked at the public consultation meeting at the Foakes Hall, again the answer was no compensation or buying of our houses. (July 2006)
You may also want to watch:
With further letters to yourself and to the Head of Waste, Nicola Beach to ask about compensation, we have received the same reply, "after consulting ECC's Legal department, no compensation, or offer to buy the houses can be made". (Letters available for press if required.)
With regard to the search for a site for the Waste Transfer Building, NO Evidence of a search for an alternative site is shown in the planning document. (No search made)
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
The letter to the Member Of Parliament Sir Alan Haselhurst MP is clearly designed to mislead, or at worse an outright lie.
Why are Essex County Council officers giving misleading information to Members of Parliament and to local councillors?
On a separate issue, council leader Lord Hanningfield, why have you not replied to my letters, especially with regard to your website explaining how you are "Enhancing Peoples Lives in Essex"?
I would still like your reply as to how this dump enhances our lives. Perhaps the members of the press can get an answer from you.
TJ and S Hockley