New station is a waste of coppers
HAVING read the front page article in the Broadcast Police Officer attack the Chief Constable I am disgusted. The article states comments have been made by apparently serving or retired bobbies, about Roger Baker.instead of Essex Police and the Essex P
HAVING read the front page article in the Broadcast "Police Officer attack the Chief Constable" I am disgusted.
The article states comments have been made by apparently serving or retired bobbies, about Roger Baker.instead of Essex Police and the Essex Police Authority saying ok we will look into these comments and take everything into account, up goes their defence and the authority has no intentions of taking any further action concerning the allegations.
We don't know the full story or the facts but I would like to have given these officers the chance to be listened to for all our benefits.
And while we are on the subject of crime, wouldn't all that money being spent on the new police station been better spent on giving the youngsters something to do in the area.
I have not heard anything about the new police station, which makes me think Dunmow will be a safer place with it.
What is all this nonsense about having no police cells, so the public does not think they will be used for holding failed asylum seekers.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 3 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 10 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
There I was thinking if it has cells with criminals in, the station will have to be open 24 hours and we wouldn't want that would we.
I think this new building is a waste of money and the money would be better spent on more police officers on the beat.
I mean five million pounds that's a whole lot of "coppers".
Michael J. Reeve