New station is a waste of coppers
HAVING read the front page article in the Broadcast Police Officer attack the Chief Constable I am disgusted. The article states comments have been made by apparently serving or retired bobbies, about Roger Baker.instead of Essex Police and the Essex P
HAVING read the front page article in the Broadcast "Police Officer attack the Chief Constable" I am disgusted.
The article states comments have been made by apparently serving or retired bobbies, about Roger Baker.instead of Essex Police and the Essex Police Authority saying ok we will look into these comments and take everything into account, up goes their defence and the authority has no intentions of taking any further action concerning the allegations.
We don't know the full story or the facts but I would like to have given these officers the chance to be listened to for all our benefits.
And while we are on the subject of crime, wouldn't all that money being spent on the new police station been better spent on giving the youngsters something to do in the area.
You may also want to watch:
I have not heard anything about the new police station, which makes me think Dunmow will be a safer place with it.
What is all this nonsense about having no police cells, so the public does not think they will be used for holding failed asylum seekers.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
There I was thinking if it has cells with criminals in, the station will have to be open 24 hours and we wouldn't want that would we.
I think this new building is a waste of money and the money would be better spent on more police officers on the beat.
I mean five million pounds that's a whole lot of "coppers".
Michael J. Reeve