New station is a waste of coppers
HAVING read the front page article in the Broadcast Police Officer attack the Chief Constable I am disgusted. The article states comments have been made by apparently serving or retired bobbies, about Roger Baker.instead of Essex Police and the Essex P
HAVING read the front page article in the Broadcast "Police Officer attack the Chief Constable" I am disgusted.
The article states comments have been made by apparently serving or retired bobbies, about Roger Baker.instead of Essex Police and the Essex Police Authority saying ok we will look into these comments and take everything into account, up goes their defence and the authority has no intentions of taking any further action concerning the allegations.
We don't know the full story or the facts but I would like to have given these officers the chance to be listened to for all our benefits.
And while we are on the subject of crime, wouldn't all that money being spent on the new police station been better spent on giving the youngsters something to do in the area.
You may also want to watch:
I have not heard anything about the new police station, which makes me think Dunmow will be a safer place with it.
What is all this nonsense about having no police cells, so the public does not think they will be used for holding failed asylum seekers.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
There I was thinking if it has cells with criminals in, the station will have to be open 24 hours and we wouldn't want that would we.
I think this new building is a waste of money and the money would be better spent on more police officers on the beat.
I mean five million pounds that's a whole lot of "coppers".
Michael J. Reeve