My children are very road aware’
DUE TO a misleading photo used on your front page I can understand the comments from B Crawley and L Cole in last week s Dunmow Broadcast. The road my husband is trying to get a lollipop person for is Woodlands Park Drive and NOT Stortford Road as your pi
DUE TO a misleading photo used on your front page I can understand the comments from B Crawley and L Cole in last week's Dunmow Broadcast.
The road my husband is trying to get a lollipop person for is Woodlands Park Drive and NOT Stortford Road as your picture indicated.
I would like to correct another inaccuracy from the original article. My son did not 'wander' into the road as stated, he misheard me and thought I had said it was safe to cross.
Can I add that had there not been about 10 cars illegally parked outside the school gates at the time he would have seen the car coming for himself as both of my children are very road aware.
With more houses being built on Woodlands Park and people feeling they have the right to park on yellow lines outside the school I hope other people can see why my husband tried to improve the situation.
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 3 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
Editor's note: We apologise for any confusion we may have caused by the picture we used to illustrate the story.
But it was Linda Gilbert's husband Brian who was quoted as saying: "My wife was collecting our two children from school when my youngest wandered into the road.