My children are very road aware’
DUE TO a misleading photo used on your front page I can understand the comments from B Crawley and L Cole in last week s Dunmow Broadcast. The road my husband is trying to get a lollipop person for is Woodlands Park Drive and NOT Stortford Road as your pi
DUE TO a misleading photo used on your front page I can understand the comments from B Crawley and L Cole in last week's Dunmow Broadcast.
The road my husband is trying to get a lollipop person for is Woodlands Park Drive and NOT Stortford Road as your picture indicated.
I would like to correct another inaccuracy from the original article. My son did not 'wander' into the road as stated, he misheard me and thought I had said it was safe to cross.
Can I add that had there not been about 10 cars illegally parked outside the school gates at the time he would have seen the car coming for himself as both of my children are very road aware.
You may also want to watch:
With more houses being built on Woodlands Park and people feeling they have the right to park on yellow lines outside the school I hope other people can see why my husband tried to improve the situation.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
Editor's note: We apologise for any confusion we may have caused by the picture we used to illustrate the story.
But it was Linda Gilbert's husband Brian who was quoted as saying: "My wife was collecting our two children from school when my youngest wandered into the road.