Monitor new homes progress
IT IS hardly surprising that the development on White Street should slow down (Has development of library stalled?, Broadcast, September 4) but it is unfortunate that the town s residents and traders are suffering. Residents are having to cope with the po
IT IS hardly surprising that the development on White Street should slow down (Has development of library stalled?, Broadcast, September 4) but it is unfortunate that the town's residents and traders are suffering.
Residents are having to cope with the poor state of the housing market, lack of mortgages and difficulties in selling currently-owned property and, because of the slow down in White Street, traders are also suffering from a reduction in parking places, making shopping in Dunmow no longer a pleasure but a chore in which, once parked, shoppers on foot have to negotiate an obstacle course.
I suppose Bryant Homes didn't realise the scale of the national slowdown in housing sales when they started the development but as your report suggested, it is pertinent that the company's spokesman refused to deny the slowdown but just offered platitudes typical of public relations types.
I sincerely hope the new library, which is due to be completed in a year, will open on time, but I wouldn't be surprised if the developers make some sort of excuse as to why they can't finish it at the appointed time. I trust our district councillors will be monitoring the situation and ensure that Bryant Homes fulfils all its contractual obligations.
You may also want to watch:
Name & address supplied
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust