Monitor new homes progress
IT IS hardly surprising that the development on White Street should slow down (Has development of library stalled?, Broadcast, September 4) but it is unfortunate that the town s residents and traders are suffering. Residents are having to cope with the po
IT IS hardly surprising that the development on White Street should slow down (Has development of library stalled?, Broadcast, September 4) but it is unfortunate that the town's residents and traders are suffering.
Residents are having to cope with the poor state of the housing market, lack of mortgages and difficulties in selling currently-owned property and, because of the slow down in White Street, traders are also suffering from a reduction in parking places, making shopping in Dunmow no longer a pleasure but a chore in which, once parked, shoppers on foot have to negotiate an obstacle course.
I suppose Bryant Homes didn't realise the scale of the national slowdown in housing sales when they started the development but as your report suggested, it is pertinent that the company's spokesman refused to deny the slowdown but just offered platitudes typical of public relations types.
I sincerely hope the new library, which is due to be completed in a year, will open on time, but I wouldn't be surprised if the developers make some sort of excuse as to why they can't finish it at the appointed time. I trust our district councillors will be monitoring the situation and ensure that Bryant Homes fulfils all its contractual obligations.
Name & address supplied
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 4 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 5 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 8 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 9 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden