I am writing in response to a letter printed under the headline of Village Event in your October 4 edition of the Dunmow Broadcast. This letter was regarding a person called Alec Saunders. The reader was implying that Mr Saunders had taken his own life!
I am writing in response to a letter printed under the headline of 'Village Event' in your October 4 edition of the Dunmow Broadcast.
This letter was regarding a person called Alec Saunders. The reader was implying that Mr Saunders had taken his own life!
I would like to point out having known Alec for over a year (and very privileged I was to have known such a man). There is NO way he would have done such a thing. Alec loved life and lived it day by day, not much did the man have, but most did he make of it.
Like the person said, they didn't even know him and how the hell they came to the conclusion that he took his own life is totally beyond me!
You may also want to watch:
Plenty of people knew Alec for many, many years and knew what a great man he was. Plenty of people were also quite shocked, angry and upset by the assumption in the letter.
The picture of Alec still remains in the pub and that is where it will stay, his memory will live on in me forever. I miss Alec today and every day.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 3 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 4 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 5 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 6 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 7 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 8 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
Debbie (The Bull).