Looking towards London 2012
NO-ONE will have failed to have been impressed by the fantastic efforts of Team GB over the last few weeks in Beijing. However, as the focus shifts to London, now the hard work for those not competing really begins. Keeping this momentum and enthusiasm go
NO-ONE will have failed to have been impressed by the fantastic efforts of Team GB over the last few weeks in Beijing. However, as the focus shifts to London, now the hard work for those not competing really begins.
Keeping this momentum and enthusiasm going is now crucial to all those with an interest or involvement in the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. Essex County Council, with partners, is honoured to be hosting the mountain biking at Hadleigh Farm.
Securing pre-games training camps will bring major benefits to both local people and businesses and will give Essex residents the chance to welcome world class athletes to the county and show them what we have to offer. With the canoeing and kayaking events literally on our doorstep at Lee Valley and the enviable proximity to the Olympic Park, the potential for boosting tourism in Essex is very significant. And what price can be put be put on inspiring the next generation of Team GB's Olympic medal winning athletes?
Key to realising the potential of the opportunities offered by the London Games and maintaining community support is effective engagement. This engagement and build up to 2012 gives us a huge opportunity to showcase our county.
You may also want to watch:
The London Olympic and Paralympic Games represent an almost unparalleled opportunity for Essex to secure a real and tangible legacy for their residents and localities. The foundations for this legacy have been laid but the hard work begins now.
Cllr Stephen Castle, Cabinet member for the 2012 Games, Essex County Council
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear