London Ballet School offer for Essex student
A TIPPY-TOED student has waltzed her way into a prestigious ballet school following a highly successful audition.
Charlotte Wightwick gained a coveted place at The Central School of Ballet in London and will have the opportunity to train as a professional ballet dancer.
Only around 100 students gain entry each year to take part in exclusive classes, reserved for dancers with the highest potential.
Louise Judd, Charlotte’s dance teacher at Helena Romanes School in Great Dunmow, is very proud. “Many congratulations to Charlotte,” she said. “She will now have the opportunity to take part in classes designed to complement her existing regular training and progression in her classical ballet training.”
Charlottes programme will include Classical Ballet, Contemporary, Pointe work, Repertoire, Pilates and Creative dance. And, as an associate student, she will also have the chance to take a part in the end of year performances alongside senior students on stage at The Unicorn Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Judd added: “The programme offers invaluable preparation for full-time dance training. Many associate students move into Central’s Senior School and other leading ballet and dance schools once they reach 16.”
Charlotte will be taught by a group of elite teachers including the School’s Director and former Royal Ballet Principal Bruce Sansom.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org