Leave young skaters alone
WITH regards to K Weston s letter (Postbag, September 21) on the £45,000 for the skatepark, I must say it was a very unhealthy assault on the youngsters of the town. Yes, I agree they do congregate at the skatepark – that is the idea. A place where kids
WITH regards to K Weston's letter (Postbag, September 21) on the £45,000 for the skatepark, I must say it was a very unhealthy assault on the youngsters of the town.
Yes, I agree they do congregate at the skatepark - that is the idea. A place where kids can hang out and mess about (within reason) is needed for the age group who use it and £45,000 is nothing compared with the obscene amount of money which we paid for a silly roundabout outside your estate so you can get out a few seconds earlier.
Maybe as K Weston wants to stop the skatepark, the teenagers can hang around at his front door instead!
I've seen the skatepark and these so called yobs have a talent which I'm sure you're jealous of. I know I am!
You may also want to watch:
Dunmow has increased tenfold since I was a child, but even then we had nowhere to go, so don't complain against something just because it's opposite where you live.
That is just selfish and greedy and I hope the Mayor does look into it again and doubles the money when he sees that so many kids use the park.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
If it's outside unsociable hours, ring your local police station who'll move them on for you - not that I've seen it being used at unsociable hours!