I AM deeply disappointed that Essex Conservatives have criticised Liberal Democrat controlled Uttlesford District Council s brave decision to refuse planning permission to BAA on expanding the numbers of people flying from Stansted Airport. I am sure that
I AM deeply disappointed that Essex Conservatives have criticised Liberal Democrat controlled Uttlesford District Council's brave decision to refuse planning permission to BAA on expanding the numbers of people flying from Stansted Airport.
I am sure that Essex Tory leader Lord Hanningfield's views (he says Uttlesford's refusal is a mistake) are not echoed by the majority of people in this area. There will be some who feel we should have rolled over and let BAA have their way, or that we will never win.
Airport growth supporters I have spoken to are cock-a-hoop at Lord Hanningfield's comments, which came just after the refusal.
I think the last laugh however will be with brave little Uttlesford.... Why? Because more and more people throughout Britain are beginning to realise that somewhere, some day, a firm stand has to be made because of the terrible environmental impact that uncontrolled airport expansion generates.
Cllr Martin Foley
Thaxted, Duton Hill and Little Bardfield
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 7 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 8 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 9 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 10 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market