I AM deeply disappointed that Essex Conservatives have criticised Liberal Democrat controlled Uttlesford District Council s brave decision to refuse planning permission to BAA on expanding the numbers of people flying from Stansted Airport. I am sure that
I AM deeply disappointed that Essex Conservatives have criticised Liberal Democrat controlled Uttlesford District Council's brave decision to refuse planning permission to BAA on expanding the numbers of people flying from Stansted Airport.
I am sure that Essex Tory leader Lord Hanningfield's views (he says Uttlesford's refusal is a mistake) are not echoed by the majority of people in this area. There will be some who feel we should have rolled over and let BAA have their way, or that we will never win.
Airport growth supporters I have spoken to are cock-a-hoop at Lord Hanningfield's comments, which came just after the refusal.
I think the last laugh however will be with brave little Uttlesford.... Why? Because more and more people throughout Britain are beginning to realise that somewhere, some day, a firm stand has to be made because of the terrible environmental impact that uncontrolled airport expansion generates.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Martin Foley
Thaxted, Duton Hill and Little Bardfield
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust