I AM deeply disappointed that Essex Conservatives have criticised Liberal Democrat controlled Uttlesford District Council s brave decision to refuse planning permission to BAA on expanding the numbers of people flying from Stansted Airport. I am sure that
I AM deeply disappointed that Essex Conservatives have criticised Liberal Democrat controlled Uttlesford District Council's brave decision to refuse planning permission to BAA on expanding the numbers of people flying from Stansted Airport.
I am sure that Essex Tory leader Lord Hanningfield's views (he says Uttlesford's refusal is a mistake) are not echoed by the majority of people in this area. There will be some who feel we should have rolled over and let BAA have their way, or that we will never win.
Airport growth supporters I have spoken to are cock-a-hoop at Lord Hanningfield's comments, which came just after the refusal.
I think the last laugh however will be with brave little Uttlesford.... Why? Because more and more people throughout Britain are beginning to realise that somewhere, some day, a firm stand has to be made because of the terrible environmental impact that uncontrolled airport expansion generates.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Martin Foley
Thaxted, Duton Hill and Little Bardfield
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 5 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear