It’s nice to see village cafe thriving
IN REPLY to Peter Mannings letter in Postbag (April 19) I would like to know what makes him think that only car drivers are allowed to enjoy a drive on a sunny spring day. We have ridden out to Finchingfield and have been unable to park our bike because
IN REPLY to Peter Mannings' letter in Postbag (April 19) I would like to know what makes him think that only car drivers are allowed to enjoy a drive on a sunny spring day.
We have ridden out to Finchingfield and have been unable to park our bike because it is full of cars. No, I didn't count the drivers.
Is it only car drivers who are allowed to fill the village café? They might have in the past. We didn't complain, it's nice to see a village business thriving.
If the village green was covered in 'leather clad bodies' it proves they were wearing the correct clothing for bike riding.
You may also want to watch:
Finchingfield is a pretty village, visited by many bikers throughout the year, not just on a sunny spring day. This is giving trade to local businesses, not riding 'rough shod over'. Bikers are just as entitled to use the British countryside as cars.
I will close by saying I would never have thought at the age of 52 we would be accused of riding rough shod over anyone.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal