I FEEL I must respond to A Bowden s letter of October 12, who s bizarre ramblings were obviously a desperate attempt to have a go at Stansted Airport at any cost. How strange they chose Luton Airport as a better example of an airport in the countryside
I FEEL I must respond to A Bowden's letter of October 12, who's bizarre ramblings were obviously a desperate attempt to have a go at Stansted Airport at any cost.
How strange they chose Luton Airport as a better example of an 'airport in the countryside'. Who are they kidding!
Did they not look around on their drive from Takeley to the delightful town of Luton? If urbanisation and noise is a worry, they surely avoided the town centre.
Also, did they not notice the airlines operating at Luton are exactly the same as those that fly from Stansted? Shame they didn't choose the more sustainable option of using their local airport.
You may also want to watch:
Anyway, it's great news they survived the wonderful experience of air travel, even if it appears to have clouded their mind. Despite their safety fears, they were at more risk on the road to Luton than flying itself, as statistics prove.
But I don't think that was the point of A Bowden's incoherent, muddled and misguided letter.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 Summer art competition for children launched by school