Imaginative idea for bins
I WOULD like to share with your readers an initiative we and our neighbours have implemented along part of North Street, namely the JBBC. Recognising the tiny amount of food waste we individually produce when compared to the enormous size of the brown wh
I WOULD like to share with your readers an initiative we and our neighbours have implemented along part of North Street, namely the JBBC.
Recognising the tiny amount of food waste we individually produce when compared to the enormous size of the brown wheelie bin said waste has to be stored in, we have combined forces with a few neighbours to utilise just one brown wheelie bin between us.
This has freed up the remaining bins for whatever use our imaginations can dream up. Maybe the pertinent authority might like them back for distribution elsewhere?
Of course this action has required the drafting of a constitution and necessitates regular JBBC committee meetings to ensure the correct use of this facility.
You may also want to watch:
Not to mention the appointment of a combined bin cleaner and operative, which role is entirely voluntary attracting a zero rated stipend.
In an attempt to be serious for just a moment, by taking this action we are making a much improved and practical use of this facility, one that I am certain others in the town of Dunmow and elsewhere could or would happily replicate and I expect the people responsible for emptying the bins will appreciate having a few less to haul about.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert