IN REPLY to Peter Manning s letter (Broadcast Postbag 19/04/07) Village ridden rough-shod over ). I was intrigued to read his views on motorcyclists visiting Finchingfield. Whilst I agree that anyone parking inconsiderately is frustrating why Peter do y
IN REPLY to Peter Manning's letter (Broadcast Postbag 19/04/07) "Village ridden rough-shod over").
I was intrigued to read his views on motorcyclists visiting Finchingfield.
Whilst I agree that anyone parking inconsiderately is frustrating why Peter do you single out motorcyclists? If the 35 bikes you mention were 35 cars, how easy do you think it would be to park at all? Believe it or not bike riders are humans, and have every right to enjoy the same things car drivers do.
If the café you wanted to use was full of families would you have taken the time to write a strongly worded letter? Sadly it is this narrow minded view of motorcycle riders that label us as second-class citizens, when in reality we are usually family people with the same interests, values and problems as everyone else; we just sometimes choose to use two wheels for transport instead of four.
You may also want to watch:
There are ranges of people in every category in life, some are considerate and some are not. I absolutely agree that society needs to be more considerate. When I ride through any village I keep my speed down and ride quietly, but when I get off my bike I am the same as you, perhaps just a little more tolerant.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash