IN REPLY to Peter Manning s letter (Broadcast Postbag 19/04/07) Village ridden rough-shod over ). I was intrigued to read his views on motorcyclists visiting Finchingfield. Whilst I agree that anyone parking inconsiderately is frustrating why Peter do y
IN REPLY to Peter Manning's letter (Broadcast Postbag 19/04/07) "Village ridden rough-shod over").
I was intrigued to read his views on motorcyclists visiting Finchingfield.
Whilst I agree that anyone parking inconsiderately is frustrating why Peter do you single out motorcyclists? If the 35 bikes you mention were 35 cars, how easy do you think it would be to park at all? Believe it or not bike riders are humans, and have every right to enjoy the same things car drivers do.
If the café you wanted to use was full of families would you have taken the time to write a strongly worded letter? Sadly it is this narrow minded view of motorcycle riders that label us as second-class citizens, when in reality we are usually family people with the same interests, values and problems as everyone else; we just sometimes choose to use two wheels for transport instead of four.
There are ranges of people in every category in life, some are considerate and some are not. I absolutely agree that society needs to be more considerate. When I ride through any village I keep my speed down and ride quietly, but when I get off my bike I am the same as you, perhaps just a little more tolerant.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
- 8 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 9 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 10 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz