We currently live in Great Dunmow, Essex in a two bedroom ground floor flat. We rent the property from Uttlesford District Council. Within our family there is myself and my wife, and our children. We have been on the exchange list for a number of years. O
We currently live in Great Dunmow, Essex in a two bedroom ground floor flat. We rent the property from Uttlesford District Council. Within our family there is myself and my wife, and our children. We have been on the exchange list for a number of years.
Once my wife had our third child we informed the council and it amended our points on our application.
However, we are falling down the list and are now 31st on the list for our town. We have selected other towns outside of Dunmow, but are no higher than 21st.
Our health visitor has written two letters to the council explaining that we are over-crowded, and I have also been in touch with my three MPs but this has lead to nothing.
You may also want to watch:
We have heard stories of families with just two children have moved into large property before us, and also people outside of the district coming in and getting larger accommodation too. We have been council tenants for the last six years and have paid in the region of £18,000 in rent. Yet, this counts for nothing when being considered for larger accommodation. Has anyone else had similar problems.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge