I AM writing with regard to the Galliard Homes proposal to build several thousand homes at Boxted Wood,between Blake End and Stebbing Green. The idea that the construction of this massive settlement is in someway eco friendly would bring a smile if it wa
I AM writing with regard to the Galliard Homes proposal to build several thousand homes at Boxted Wood,between Blake End and Stebbing Green.
The idea that the construction of this massive settlement is in someway eco friendly would bring a smile if it wasn't so serious.
The planned site is in open country which acts as a precious green buffer between Dunmow and Braintree and such a
scheme would turn this stretch of countryside into
You may also want to watch:
an urban environment, bringing more traffic and pollution in its wake.
We already have the threat of Rayne and Braintree linking together. What next, a ribbon development that would eventually see our local towns and villages merge into one?
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
Uttlesford Council has already come up with its preferred option for future housing, and the Boxted Wood scheme was excluded from the consultation.
The council should not be swayed by the constant battering from developers who after all have only their own interests at heart.
Colin Davidson, Great Saling