I AM writing with regard to the Galliard Homes proposal to build several thousand homes at Boxted Wood,between Blake End and Stebbing Green. The idea that the construction of this massive settlement is in someway eco friendly would bring a smile if it wa
I AM writing with regard to the Galliard Homes proposal to build several thousand homes at Boxted Wood,between Blake End and Stebbing Green.
The idea that the construction of this massive settlement is in someway eco friendly would bring a smile if it wasn't so serious.
The planned site is in open country which acts as a precious green buffer between Dunmow and Braintree and such a
scheme would turn this stretch of countryside into
You may also want to watch:
an urban environment, bringing more traffic and pollution in its wake.
We already have the threat of Rayne and Braintree linking together. What next, a ribbon development that would eventually see our local towns and villages merge into one?
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 10 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
Uttlesford Council has already come up with its preferred option for future housing, and the Boxted Wood scheme was excluded from the consultation.
The council should not be swayed by the constant battering from developers who after all have only their own interests at heart.
Colin Davidson, Great Saling