Helicopter is a waste
AS A police officer who retired 14 years ago, I agree with guy who says a helicopter is a waste of money and will create more noise pollution of a night. The airports have restrictions at night for this reason – presumably to stop the noise and let people
AS A police officer who retired 14 years ago, I agree with guy who says a helicopter is a waste of money and will create more noise pollution of a night.
The airports have restrictions at night for this reason - presumably to stop the noise and let people sleep!
I also agree with the idea of putting more cops on the street. I went to London last weekend and never saw a cop on the beat the whole time I was there.
Does Essex have police officers? I can remember driving round London 20 or 30 years ago and always saw police officers on the beat, and now there's no excuse because they have the civilian police (who are a waste of money) - notice they are always in pairs (double the cost) and when I see them they're always doing their shopping in the supermarkets in uniform.
You may also want to watch:
I used to walk alone and by my calculation it is cheaper to employ one real police officers then two civilian community officers - like I said, always seen in pairs, and with hardly any powers!
The answer in my opinion to catch speeding motorists is to do away with the fixed speed cameras and install the average speed ones.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
This will stop the idiots who speed along, slow down for the camera, and then carry on speeding.
But if they do persist in using the helicopter, tell them to prosecute the stupid motorcyclists who weave in and out on the inside of cars on the motorways.
Could you imagine if a car tried to force its way in between another two cars on lanes two and three, or are motorcyclist exempt from motorway rules?
Name and address supplied