Healthy food would be welcome
I THINK let Mrs Sheppard try for six months ( No burger van by town school , Broadcast, September 11). Reference the concerns of unhealthy foods, it is perfectly possible for her to supply healthier options including paninis (the cost of a panini grill is
I THINK let Mrs Sheppard try for six months ('No burger van by town school', Broadcast, September 11).
Reference the concerns of unhealthy foods, it is perfectly possible for her to supply healthier options including paninis (the cost of a panini grill is negligible and they are physically tiny), salads she could make from home (to cut costs) or have supplied to her business, healthy soups in a cup and baked potatoes, falafels etc alongside the burgers and hot dogs that the British public expect from a burger van.
I do not know the woman and have no connection to her. I do not want unhealthy food pushed on our children including those at the skate park. However a van could supply healthy food and drinks as it's up to the vendor what she supplies, and working in London I am seeing a continuing trend for fast food outlets to improve the health quality of the foods they sell.
For example I know a place where at 3am I can go and eat a panini or baked potato with a wide variety of healthy fillings accompanied with a nice cup of tea or a bottled milkshake or fruit drinks without all the unhealthy additives (albeit in London).
You may also want to watch:
Give the lady a chance and she may surprise all the critics if given the feedback that we want healthy options for the children
If I was her I would do away with the unhealthy fried burgers and sausages and proceed with healthy options from the start.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Think out of the box and the public will love it at any time of day.
Adam Backer (a regular user of fast food vans due to the nature of my work)