I CERTAINLY know who helps to put the Great in Great Dunmow. It s all those wonderful people who supported the World s Biggest Coffee Morning at the Café in the Alley at Sweetland s Butchers. The total raised on the day for Macmillan Cancer Relief was
I CERTAINLY know who helps to put the 'Great' in Great Dunmow. It's all those wonderful people who supported the World's Biggest Coffee Morning at the 'Café in the Alley' at Sweetland's Butchers.
The total raised on the day for Macmillan Cancer Relief was £1217.71 and, by Saturday, had increased to £1439.09. What generosity!
The alley was bustling with activity throughout the morning and donations also kept coming in from those who couldn't make the event but wanted to support the charity.
I should like to say thank you to all those supporters who baked cakes, pies and puddings, donated prizes and gave so much money.
You may also want to watch:
The morning would not have run so smoothly without my fantastic helpers - Alison, the two Carolines, Diane, Jackie, Joe, Lois, Lynda, Olive and Mrs 'R'.
Of course, the event would not have been possible without the support of my boss, Peter, who, for the sixth year has let me turn the alley into a café.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
He allowed me to harass his customers and unsuspecting passers-by. What a hero! Thank you.