I CERTAINLY know who helps to put the Great in Great Dunmow. It s all those wonderful people who supported the World s Biggest Coffee Morning at the Café in the Alley at Sweetland s Butchers. The total raised on the day for Macmillan Cancer Relief was
I CERTAINLY know who helps to put the 'Great' in Great Dunmow. It's all those wonderful people who supported the World's Biggest Coffee Morning at the 'Café in the Alley' at Sweetland's Butchers.
The total raised on the day for Macmillan Cancer Relief was £1217.71 and, by Saturday, had increased to £1439.09. What generosity!
The alley was bustling with activity throughout the morning and donations also kept coming in from those who couldn't make the event but wanted to support the charity.
I should like to say thank you to all those supporters who baked cakes, pies and puddings, donated prizes and gave so much money.
You may also want to watch:
The morning would not have run so smoothly without my fantastic helpers - Alison, the two Carolines, Diane, Jackie, Joe, Lois, Lynda, Olive and Mrs 'R'.
Of course, the event would not have been possible without the support of my boss, Peter, who, for the sixth year has let me turn the alley into a café.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
He allowed me to harass his customers and unsuspecting passers-by. What a hero! Thank you.