I CERTAINLY know who helps to put the Great in Great Dunmow. It s all those wonderful people who supported the World s Biggest Coffee Morning at the Café in the Alley at Sweetland s Butchers. The total raised on the day for Macmillan Cancer Relief was
I CERTAINLY know who helps to put the 'Great' in Great Dunmow. It's all those wonderful people who supported the World's Biggest Coffee Morning at the 'Café in the Alley' at Sweetland's Butchers.
The total raised on the day for Macmillan Cancer Relief was £1217.71 and, by Saturday, had increased to £1439.09. What generosity!
The alley was bustling with activity throughout the morning and donations also kept coming in from those who couldn't make the event but wanted to support the charity.
I should like to say thank you to all those supporters who baked cakes, pies and puddings, donated prizes and gave so much money.
You may also want to watch:
The morning would not have run so smoothly without my fantastic helpers - Alison, the two Carolines, Diane, Jackie, Joe, Lois, Lynda, Olive and Mrs 'R'.
Of course, the event would not have been possible without the support of my boss, Peter, who, for the sixth year has let me turn the alley into a café.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 10 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024
He allowed me to harass his customers and unsuspecting passers-by. What a hero! Thank you.