Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- Credit: Will Durrant
Families and friends enjoyed a festive get-together at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market.
The Mayor of Great Dunmow praised the hundreds of shoppers who braved the rain in search of family entertainment, shopping, food and drink on Saturday (November 27).
The Mayor said: "It's wonderful to see so many people enjoying the market in Dunmow.
"We have got wintery weather, but visitors and stallholders have lined the streets to enjoy each others' company and support our shops and businesses."
As well as the traditional market, musicians performed live in Market Place.
Santa and his elves visited The Saracen's Head, and the library hosted a Christmas Crafts event.
The Great Dunmow Town Team organised this year's market.
- 1 Plans unveiled for 22 new Hatfield Broad Oak homes
- 2 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 3 Braintree burglary sparks Essex Police appeal
- 4 Dunmow St Mary's pupils scoop 14 medals in school sport series
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Environmental action: Dunmow boutique Wardrobe holding eco-swap
- 7 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 8 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 9 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 10 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
Rachael Clark, of the Town Team, said: "This is such a lovely get-together, and the market has been a great opportunity to 'Enjoy Local' this winter.
"Let's keep it up to put Dunmow on the map!"