I READ with interest your report about the skaters and the park and would like to suggest that they are included in some kind of display in next year s carnival. Having sat one evening with my elderly mother watching their skills, we were both greatly im
I READ with interest your report about the skaters and the park and would like to suggest that they are included in some kind of display in next year's carnival.
Having sat one evening with my elderly mother watching their skills, we were both greatly impressed with the talents they possessed and almost natural way they could execute what appeared to be quite dangerous moves.
In sitting there we chatted to a couple of young lads and were really interested in what they told us of how they learnt and what they were interested in.
They were polite and keen to talk to a 50 year old and 87 year old.
You may also want to watch:
The others there, whom we didn't speak to, were equally decent young people and we were fascinated watching them as were their friends who had come to watch and hang out at the park. We didn't hear bad language or see anything alarming!
It is a great facility and seems well used too. Perhaps more could be made of the young persons involved to promote their skills and underline that the youth of our area are generally well meaning, sensitive youngsters who are often mis-represented in the media and elsewhere.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 9 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 10 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
Thanks for underlining in your article that they are great youngsters well deserving of that facility.
June Smith by e-mail