I READ with interest your report about the skaters and the park and would like to suggest that they are included in some kind of display in next year s carnival. Having sat one evening with my elderly mother watching their skills, we were both greatly im
I READ with interest your report about the skaters and the park and would like to suggest that they are included in some kind of display in next year's carnival.
Having sat one evening with my elderly mother watching their skills, we were both greatly impressed with the talents they possessed and almost natural way they could execute what appeared to be quite dangerous moves.
In sitting there we chatted to a couple of young lads and were really interested in what they told us of how they learnt and what they were interested in.
They were polite and keen to talk to a 50 year old and 87 year old.
The others there, whom we didn't speak to, were equally decent young people and we were fascinated watching them as were their friends who had come to watch and hang out at the park. We didn't hear bad language or see anything alarming!
It is a great facility and seems well used too. Perhaps more could be made of the young persons involved to promote their skills and underline that the youth of our area are generally well meaning, sensitive youngsters who are often mis-represented in the media and elsewhere.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 8 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
Thanks for underlining in your article that they are great youngsters well deserving of that facility.
June Smith by e-mail