GMTV star Kevin Adams opens new Essex boutique
THE QUALITY of London’s upmarket Bond Street has come to Great Dunmow – and with it a glitzy celebrity opening for the town’s newest clothes boutique.
London-born Sandra Wadhwani launched her first-ever business venture in Market Place and invited friend and Fame Academy star Kevin Adams to officially cut the ribbon.
Delighted with the way that Saturday’s opening day went, Sandra is looking forward to attending to customers needs at her aptly named, Chardonnay Boutique.
“We were delighted with the warm response we got from all the visitors,” she said. “It is nice to receive such great support and we got terrific feedback.
“The boutique’s aim is to give men and woman an experience of Bond Street in Great Dunmow.”
You may also want to watch:
During the opening, visitors enjoyed free glasses of champagne and wine as they browsed the shop which has been completely refitted, including a new ceiling and changing rooms.
Previously the property had been empty for nearly 12 months after clothes store Washingtons closed down when the owner retired.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
But with yet another new venture opening, Dunmow’s High Street and centre is beginning to flourish again.
Mr Adams, who also appears on GMTV as a celebrity fitness trainer, commented on Dunmow being one of the nicest town’s he had been to – and also vowed to stay to see the carnival.
Looking around the new boutique, he said: “It’s fantastic, Sandra has done an amazing job – everyone should come and have a look and buy something.”
Inside there is a collection of men’s formal wear, dinner suits, shirts and ties, and for women; evening dresses, cocktail dresses, wedding outfits, prom dresses, shoes, bags and accessories for all those special occasions and smart casual nights out.