Give burger van a go
I VE often wondered why there isn t a cafe or catering van in the vicinity of the Dunmow Rec to service the dog-walkers, skate-boarders, and of course the hoards of football players and supporters who descend upon the rec during the weekends. It would be
I'VE often wondered why there isn't a cafe or catering van in the vicinity of the Dunmow Rec to service the dog-walkers, skate-boarders, and of course the hoards of football players and supporters who descend upon the rec during the weekends.
It would be brilliant to be able to buy a hot drink on a cold winter's day, or a cold drink on a hot summer's day.
And if there were a couple of sun brollies, tables and chairs put out, even better...
I do understand the concerns regarding the encouragement of unhealthy eating habits, but it appears that the prospective caterer is intending to serve healthy fare as well as burgers.
You may also want to watch:
If this is genuinely the case, and if agreement can be reached that the caterer will not serve anybody in school uniform until after the school day (in order that pupils aren't encouraged to slip out of school during breaks) then that's two major concerns dealt with.
Another major concern is mess, but if there are adequate waste paper bins throughout the area - which there should be anyway - plus the caterer accepts responsibility for clearing up any litter generated by his or her sales, then with luck this can be managed.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
I hope so, as it's never too late to educate people to throw litter into bins, and perhaps with the right notices placed around the van, some bad habits will be changed.
If all of the above proves to be feasible, then the idea of a burger van has my full support. I just hope somebody allow it to have a chance.
C Redgers, by e-mail