Frustration over Dunmow ditch
I FEEL I must write to release my frustration at the way the Dunmow Ditch was dealt with, surely if the big hole in the ground outside the post office affected business in High Street shops and restaurants the Chamber of Trade should have got involved,
I FEEL I must write to release my frustration at the way the 'Dunmow Ditch' was dealt with, surely if the big hole in the ground outside the post office affected business in High Street shops and restaurants the Chamber of Trade should have got involved, rather than just sitting in the shadows mumbling about it.
I have been told that shop owners have to pay to be part of that committee, so I would have thought it is essential that the chamber is not seen as toothless or ineffective on matters such as this.
Surely they could have exercised more power and got the works either finished or filled in a lot sooner than the two months it did take, saving jobs at the coffee shop in the process.
Essex County Council should've got their facts straight before the work even began. I assume that the hole will be opened up again in the near future so that they can do whatever it is they were going to do last time.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address withheld
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary