Finchingfield Fox is ready for a bite
A MATCH made in heaven has heralded a bright fresh start for a popular village inn.
The Fox Inn in Finchingfield has undergone an extensive refurbishment under new management and as part of the team’s grand plan the business has also merged with a Dunmow delicatessen.
Landlord Keith Johnson and fianc� Alison took over the reins at the pond-side pub in May and together with business partner Sarah Cassidy is offering a new eating experience.
He said: “Sarah, the founder of Cassidy’s Delicatessen in Dunmow, together with a highly talented team of cooks are working to bring some of the finest food around to our pub. Since the businesses merged, food at The Fox is already proving very popular.”
Sarah has taken all of her cooking equipment to the kitchen at the Fox and is allowing her expertise to flourish by cooking lovely meals for both the pub and for Cassidy’s Deli on High Street Dunmow.
You may also want to watch:
But it’s not just a new menu on the cards. After a refit The Fox is now aiming to welcome guests with regular entertainment nights – starting this Friday, July 9.
Michael Buble tribute act Joe Gibson will be singing swing numbers from 8.30pm during the first of a series of nights of music.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
Keith added: “We will be adding more and more themed evenings to the calendar. We want to make visits as pleasurable as possible and plan to hold regular events in the pub that will suit all tastes.
“We’ve had a great start so far and the changes we have made have been really well received. More people should pop in for a pint or some food to see what we’ve done and to see what the fuss is all about.”
For more information or to book a table call the Fox Inn on 01371 810151 or visit thefoxinnfinchingfield.co.uk
The Fox is located on the village green in the heart of the picturesque village.