Finchingfield Fox is ready for a bite
A MATCH made in heaven has heralded a bright fresh start for a popular village inn.
The Fox Inn in Finchingfield has undergone an extensive refurbishment under new management and as part of the team’s grand plan the business has also merged with a Dunmow delicatessen.
Landlord Keith Johnson and fianc� Alison took over the reins at the pond-side pub in May and together with business partner Sarah Cassidy is offering a new eating experience.
He said: “Sarah, the founder of Cassidy’s Delicatessen in Dunmow, together with a highly talented team of cooks are working to bring some of the finest food around to our pub. Since the businesses merged, food at The Fox is already proving very popular.”
Sarah has taken all of her cooking equipment to the kitchen at the Fox and is allowing her expertise to flourish by cooking lovely meals for both the pub and for Cassidy’s Deli on High Street Dunmow.
You may also want to watch:
But it’s not just a new menu on the cards. After a refit The Fox is now aiming to welcome guests with regular entertainment nights – starting this Friday, July 9.
Michael Buble tribute act Joe Gibson will be singing swing numbers from 8.30pm during the first of a series of nights of music.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
Keith added: “We will be adding more and more themed evenings to the calendar. We want to make visits as pleasurable as possible and plan to hold regular events in the pub that will suit all tastes.
“We’ve had a great start so far and the changes we have made have been really well received. More people should pop in for a pint or some food to see what we’ve done and to see what the fuss is all about.”
For more information or to book a table call the Fox Inn on 01371 810151 or visit thefoxinnfinchingfield.co.uk
The Fox is located on the village green in the heart of the picturesque village.