I WAS bemused to see Oakwood Park Residents Association s attempted blockade of the Oakwood Park estate. Why should we have further development in the area? Surely people knew that they would be living in the middle of the countryside? Could it be that t
I WAS bemused to see Oakwood Park Residents Association's attempted blockade of the Oakwood Park estate.
Why should we have further development in the area? Surely people knew that they would be living in the middle of the countryside? Could it be that this may actually appeal to some of us who moved to this area?
Although further development has been promised by the developers Endois there are ample medical facilities provided in nearby Great Dunmow, Felsted and Braintree along with excellent schools. Why do we need a community centre? The pubs in Little Dunmow and Felsted are far more appealing than a purpose built block where slimming classes compete with line dancers could ever be.
I suspect that this perspective will not be popular amongst the majority but I do feel we need to put future development in perspective - otherwise let's go the whole hog and have a Starbucks and McDonalds as well?
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing