Essex days out: Cressing Temple activities
THIS summer step back in time at Cressing Temple and join children from across Essex for a month of archaeological digs and special activity days.
To kick start the summer holidays, budding young archaeologists are invited to get their hands dirty at a special children’s archaeological dig.
Boys and girls aged 4 to 10 will be enthralled by archaeologist Barry Hillman Crouch, who will encourage children to dig into the past and uncover the secrets of Cressing Temple, using real tools.
Due to its enduring popularity and the limited number of spaces, pre-booking is essential.
Sessions start at 11am and at 1.30pm every Monday and Tuesday until August 17. Each one lasts approximately two hours and costs �8.50 per child.
Temple staff are also pleased to announce the return of medieval and Tudor activity days.
Cressing Temple manager Sheila Hennings said: “This is a wonderful way to learn about our medieval history while having fun with the whole family.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 6 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
“Summer holidays can be a great time to get together and offer the perfect opportunity to discover Cressing Temple, with its beautiful 13th century barns, walled gardens, visitor centre and tearoom.”
Taking place every Wednesday from 11am to 3pm, between August 4 and 25, visitors will be greeted by costumed, historical characters who will share their stories about what life was like back in older times.
With different themes every week and a host of activities available, there will be something to keep the whole family entertained. Tickets start at �4.
To book, please call 01376 584903 or 585046. For more information on Cressing Temple visit www.cressingtemple.org.uk