AS CHRISTMAS comes around Viva! is very disappointed to see foie-gras appearing on the menu at The Starr in Dunmow. Foie-gras is the grossly enlarged liver of a duck or goose. Birds raised for this gourmet cruelty are force-fed enormous quantities of f
AS CHRISTMAS comes around Viva! is very disappointed to see foie-gras appearing on the menu at The Starr in Dunmow.
Foie-gras is the grossly enlarged liver of a duck or goose. Birds raised for this 'gourmet' cruelty are force-fed enormous quantities of food through a long metal pipe, three times a day.
This process of deliberate and painful over feeding continues for up to a month by which time the birds' livers have swelled to 10 times their normal size.
People have the power to end the sale of foie-gras by not visiting pubs that sell this barbaric 'delicacy'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council