AS CHRISTMAS comes around Viva! is very disappointed to see foie-gras appearing on the menu at The Starr in Dunmow. Foie-gras is the grossly enlarged liver of a duck or goose. Birds raised for this gourmet cruelty are force-fed enormous quantities of f
AS CHRISTMAS comes around Viva! is very disappointed to see foie-gras appearing on the menu at The Starr in Dunmow.
Foie-gras is the grossly enlarged liver of a duck or goose. Birds raised for this 'gourmet' cruelty are force-fed enormous quantities of food through a long metal pipe, three times a day.
This process of deliberate and painful over feeding continues for up to a month by which time the birds' livers have swelled to 10 times their normal size.
People have the power to end the sale of foie-gras by not visiting pubs that sell this barbaric 'delicacy'.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
- 8 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 9 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 10 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz