Bicycle trip will travel the length of UK
- Credit: supplied
Two friends are setting off today (Thursday June 24) to cycle the length of the UK - from Land's End to John O'Groats.
Helena Graham of Great Dunmow and friend Rebecca Jordan of Great Bardfield will cover around 1,000 miles in two weeks to mark their 60th birthdays.
They are raising money for Farleigh Hospice in memory of Rebecca's aunt Angela Howard of Great Saling, who died in September 2020.
Helena said: "Farleigh Hospice have had their funding badly hit by the Covid crisis.
"They were not taking people in during the lockdown so they sent nurses out and they had a 24/7 phoneline. We did the caring but they gave back-up support."
Helena said that Angela - known as Angie to friends - was very much missed.
You may also want to watch:
Angie used to write plays, and her work was broadcast on radio. She was also involved in amateur dramatics.
Support them through the JustGiving website at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rebecca-jordan17
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park