Dunmow residents complete gruelling kayak challenge
- Credit: Archant
A group of charity fundraisers have completed a gruelling three day kayak challenge from Oxford to Teddington Lock on last Friday.
Joanne Kings and Liz Overs, both from Dunmow, completed the challenge with Matthew and Andrew White, and Matthew Hobbs.
Joanne and her brothers Andrew and Matthew lost their father to Leukaemia two years ago, and since then have undertaken various challenges to raise money for the charity Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.
Since 2013, family and friends have completed challenges such as cycling the South Downs Way in July 2013, climbing Mount Snowden in October last year and running the Brighton half marathon in February.
Joanne said that the group had a “combination of blisters, chafing and various muscle aches and pains, but it was all so worth it”.
You may also want to watch:
The group, called ‘Colin’s crew’, have raised £6,000 through all their expeditions for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research so far.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 10 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks