Dump is just tip of the iceberg’
THE proposed dump that Essex County Council (ECC) intends to put at the gateway of our historic town is going to be a major eyesore for everyone. With rubbish being delivered to this dump continuously from Braintree and further afield, this dump is just
THE proposed dump that Essex County Council (ECC) intends to put at the gateway of our historic town is going to be a major eyesore for everyone.
With rubbish being delivered to this dump continuously from Braintree and further afield, this dump is just the tip of the iceberg as far as ECC development on the proposed site is concerned.
Future development includes salt barns (complete with associated lorry works) and the installation of the Uttlesford District Council depot.
Why are residents not concerned that the town will forever more be associated with a dump at the gateway to their historic town?
You may also want to watch:
The scale of the complete development will forever scar the visual entrance to the town.
It is clearly a major departure from the Local Plan.
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
The councils should be made to reveal all their plans to residents.
This is an attempt at planning by the back door without public scrutiny. It is clearly wrong and should be brought to the attention of the Secretary of State.
Those local and county councillors that have supported this deceitful and untruthful proposal at the gateway of your historic town should really be ashamed.
Too many planning issues have been made by our councils that are extremely poor.
The fact that we have two bypasses and the siting of the new primary school are just two of the greatest concerns.
With so many traffic related activities at the proposed site, it would be good planning to have them with their own entrance off the A120.
If ECC does not wish to build new slip roads and do the job properly, at least use the existing service areas as entrances to a dedicated site for council related activity.