Dubious benefits of second runway
Regarding the article in the Broadcast dated July 24, Inquiry to see runway plans , and Roger Pellman, BAA s G2 project director comment of: There are huge social and economic benefits to be enjoyed from the development of a second runway. The social
Regarding the article in the Broadcast dated July 24, 'Inquiry to see runway plans', and Roger Pellman, BAA's G2 project director' comment of: "There are huge social and economic benefits to be enjoyed from the development of a second runway."
The social and economic benefits are very debatable, as was demonstrated at the G1 public enquiry.
Also since that enquiry, three trans-Atlantic routes have been axed, Ryanair has announced a reduction in aircraft movement and so has easyJet.
Perhaps Mr Pellman might wish to comment on what enjoyment will be had by people living in close proximity to the airport.
You may also want to watch:
They have to endure noise, pollution and the devastating effect a second runway will have on the surrounding countryside.
John Lewis, Duton Hill
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best