Dubious benefits of second runway
Regarding the article in the Broadcast dated July 24, Inquiry to see runway plans , and Roger Pellman, BAA s G2 project director comment of: There are huge social and economic benefits to be enjoyed from the development of a second runway. The social
Regarding the article in the Broadcast dated July 24, 'Inquiry to see runway plans', and Roger Pellman, BAA's G2 project director' comment of: "There are huge social and economic benefits to be enjoyed from the development of a second runway."
The social and economic benefits are very debatable, as was demonstrated at the G1 public enquiry.
Also since that enquiry, three trans-Atlantic routes have been axed, Ryanair has announced a reduction in aircraft movement and so has easyJet.
Perhaps Mr Pellman might wish to comment on what enjoyment will be had by people living in close proximity to the airport.
You may also want to watch:
They have to endure noise, pollution and the devastating effect a second runway will have on the surrounding countryside.
John Lewis, Duton Hill
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear