Don't race on roads
AS residents of the Broadway we noted with great pleasure the helicopter sign which appeared on our road. Having been told several years ago by the then Chief Inspector of Police that nothing could be done regarding the mental persecution we get from mot
AS residents of the Broadway we noted with great pleasure the helicopter sign which appeared on our road.
Having been told several years ago by the then Chief Inspector of Police that nothing could be done regarding the mental persecution we get from motorbikes each weekend, it comes as a relief that something is being done at last.
We have nothing against motorbikes - in fact at one time I had a Norton. A group of old bikes regularly use this road for an outing and their purr going past is a pleasure. The colour co-ordinated whizz kids that scream past our house at 90 miles an hour are not out to enjoy our beautiful Essex countryside, but to use the road as a Manx Grand Prix track.
The road is used by horse riders, families on bicycles and walkers as well as tractors and general country road traffic. Sooner or later it will not just be a biker, but an innocent person who is killed.
You may also want to watch:
So my plea is to ask the motorbikes to please use a proper race track for your racing - not our road. Failing that, roll out the helicopters - a whole fleet if necessary.
And to those who criticise, (see Broadcast article - we do not have streetlights up our road thank goodness) - the helicopters are being sent up to save our lives so are worth every penny as far as we are concerned.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Pat & David Beedle, The Broadway, Great Dunmow