Don’t pillory 4x4 drivers
YET again the curse of our modern society raises it s ugly head – Jealousy – neatly packaged in the guise of environmental concern. Mr H Faversham sent a stinging attack to those poor people who thought they were doing their duty by the environment in re
YET again the curse of our modern society raises it's ugly head - Jealousy - neatly packaged in the guise of environmental concern.
Mr H Faversham sent a stinging attack to those poor people who thought they were doing their duty by the environment in recycling their glass whilst using the family car - how very dare they?
I wonder if Mr Faversham has stopped to think that perhaps the parent doing their school run in the much maligned 4x4 thought their purchase was practical rather than a so called 'status' symbol?
Perhaps like me, they have four children which means they cannot fit them all into a small green eco friendly car? Perhaps if Tesco - our only petrol station - put in gas, then we would be able to convert our gas guzzling 4x4s to something Mr Faversham could live with?
You may also want to watch:
Frankly it's all rather silly to malign someone recycling but from the back of a 4x4, when Stansted consistently pumps ozone destroying fuels all over us and our fields, with the blessing of the Government.
I thought Uttlesford wanted to encourage us to recycle?
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 10 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
With Mr Faversham's attitude I should think we might as well all give up if we don't pass his unwritten dictate on 'how to recycle'.It's jealousy Mr Faversham - the fury of someone that doesn't have. Don't pillory those that have worked hard for what they have and who pay their dues to society in a much higher road tax and insurance.
Try getting worked up about something that really matters - like starvation in third world countries.