Don’t pillory 4x4 drivers
YET again the curse of our modern society raises it s ugly head – Jealousy – neatly packaged in the guise of environmental concern. Mr H Faversham sent a stinging attack to those poor people who thought they were doing their duty by the environment in re
YET again the curse of our modern society raises it's ugly head - Jealousy - neatly packaged in the guise of environmental concern.
Mr H Faversham sent a stinging attack to those poor people who thought they were doing their duty by the environment in recycling their glass whilst using the family car - how very dare they?
I wonder if Mr Faversham has stopped to think that perhaps the parent doing their school run in the much maligned 4x4 thought their purchase was practical rather than a so called 'status' symbol?
Perhaps like me, they have four children which means they cannot fit them all into a small green eco friendly car? Perhaps if Tesco - our only petrol station - put in gas, then we would be able to convert our gas guzzling 4x4s to something Mr Faversham could live with?
You may also want to watch:
Frankly it's all rather silly to malign someone recycling but from the back of a 4x4, when Stansted consistently pumps ozone destroying fuels all over us and our fields, with the blessing of the Government.
I thought Uttlesford wanted to encourage us to recycle?
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
With Mr Faversham's attitude I should think we might as well all give up if we don't pass his unwritten dictate on 'how to recycle'.It's jealousy Mr Faversham - the fury of someone that doesn't have. Don't pillory those that have worked hard for what they have and who pay their dues to society in a much higher road tax and insurance.
Try getting worked up about something that really matters - like starvation in third world countries.