Don’t pillory 4x4 drivers
YET again the curse of our modern society raises it s ugly head – Jealousy – neatly packaged in the guise of environmental concern. Mr H Faversham sent a stinging attack to those poor people who thought they were doing their duty by the environment in re
YET again the curse of our modern society raises it's ugly head - Jealousy - neatly packaged in the guise of environmental concern.
Mr H Faversham sent a stinging attack to those poor people who thought they were doing their duty by the environment in recycling their glass whilst using the family car - how very dare they?
I wonder if Mr Faversham has stopped to think that perhaps the parent doing their school run in the much maligned 4x4 thought their purchase was practical rather than a so called 'status' symbol?
Perhaps like me, they have four children which means they cannot fit them all into a small green eco friendly car? Perhaps if Tesco - our only petrol station - put in gas, then we would be able to convert our gas guzzling 4x4s to something Mr Faversham could live with?
You may also want to watch:
Frankly it's all rather silly to malign someone recycling but from the back of a 4x4, when Stansted consistently pumps ozone destroying fuels all over us and our fields, with the blessing of the Government.
I thought Uttlesford wanted to encourage us to recycle?
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
With Mr Faversham's attitude I should think we might as well all give up if we don't pass his unwritten dictate on 'how to recycle'.It's jealousy Mr Faversham - the fury of someone that doesn't have. Don't pillory those that have worked hard for what they have and who pay their dues to society in a much higher road tax and insurance.
Try getting worked up about something that really matters - like starvation in third world countries.