AS?DOG owners my wife and I are perfectly happy to clean up after our dog when we take him for a walk.After all we don t want to tread in anything nasty, so why should anyone else. Judging by how full the dog waste bins get, there are plenty of responsibl
AS?DOG owners my wife and I are perfectly happy to clean up after our dog when we take him for a walk.After all we don't want to tread in anything nasty, so why should anyone else.
Judging by how full the dog waste bins get, there are plenty of responsible dog owners in Dunmow who do clean up after their dogs.
Sadly, however there are also a significant number of lazy, ignorant owners who make no attempt whatsoever to scoop the poop. To date I have never seen a member of the dog wardens when I walk my German Shepherd Sidney.
But as the lazy dog owner lets its dog mess under cover of darkness, and dog wardens are council employees,any transgressors before or after office hours will never be challenged and taken to task.
You may also want to watch:
So what we need are wardens who patrol outside of office hours, but with Uttlesford District Council spending all of my council tax challenging Stansted Airport, I doubt if any funding would be available to provide such cover.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge