I WRITE to commiserate with your elderly lady correspondent who currently finds passers-by are reluctant to wish a cordial good afternoon to strangers on the streets of Saffron Walden. I refer to Reporter Postbag July 5. For myself, I find dog owners wi
I WRITE to commiserate with your elderly lady correspondent who currently finds passers-by are reluctant to wish a cordial "good afternoon" to strangers on the streets of Saffron Walden.
I refer to Reporter Postbag July 5. For myself, I find dog owners with their dogs are an exception; whenever I meet a dog owner taking the dog for its walkies I am always greeted with a friendly "hello" and a few words about the past or present weather conditions.
Furthermore, every time I visit the town's shops, banks, Post Office and reception offices I always find myself in the company of polite, well-mannered people who help me with my purchases and other unforeseen problems that I may encounter in the town.
You may also want to watch:
Little Walden Road
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced