I WRITE to commiserate with your elderly lady correspondent who currently finds passers-by are reluctant to wish a cordial good afternoon to strangers on the streets of Saffron Walden. I refer to Reporter Postbag July 5. For myself, I find dog owners wi
I WRITE to commiserate with your elderly lady correspondent who currently finds passers-by are reluctant to wish a cordial "good afternoon" to strangers on the streets of Saffron Walden.
I refer to Reporter Postbag July 5. For myself, I find dog owners with their dogs are an exception; whenever I meet a dog owner taking the dog for its walkies I am always greeted with a friendly "hello" and a few words about the past or present weather conditions.
Furthermore, every time I visit the town's shops, banks, Post Office and reception offices I always find myself in the company of polite, well-mannered people who help me with my purchases and other unforeseen problems that I may encounter in the town.
You may also want to watch:
Little Walden Road
- 1 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 2 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 5 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash