I WRITE to commiserate with your elderly lady correspondent who currently finds passers-by are reluctant to wish a cordial good afternoon to strangers on the streets of Saffron Walden. I refer to Reporter Postbag July 5. For myself, I find dog owners wi
I WRITE to commiserate with your elderly lady correspondent who currently finds passers-by are reluctant to wish a cordial "good afternoon" to strangers on the streets of Saffron Walden.
I refer to Reporter Postbag July 5. For myself, I find dog owners with their dogs are an exception; whenever I meet a dog owner taking the dog for its walkies I am always greeted with a friendly "hello" and a few words about the past or present weather conditions.
Furthermore, every time I visit the town's shops, banks, Post Office and reception offices I always find myself in the company of polite, well-mannered people who help me with my purchases and other unforeseen problems that I may encounter in the town.
Little Walden Road
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 3 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 10 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?