Delays are putting safety at risk
AS A resident of Woodlands Park I read with interest the article about the issues surrounding delays in providing traffic calming on Woodlands Park Drive. In particular the comments that the Wickford Development Company surveyor has made. The delay in su
AS A resident of Woodlands Park I read with interest the article about the issues surrounding delays in providing traffic calming on Woodlands Park Drive. In particular the comments that the Wickford Development Company surveyor has made.
The delay in surfacing work at the far end of Woodlands Park Drive that WDC refer to has nothing to do with the traffic calming measures proposed.
One of the conditions of Uttlesford's Planning Approval for this phase of the development is that the carriageway and footpaths should be completed within 12 months of the properties being occupied.
The properties in this area have been occupied for three years and WDC has yet to complete the surfacing work.
You may also want to watch:
The subject of traffic calming has only been raised since the new school has opened.
It is quite clear that
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 6 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
WDC have delayed the surfacing work for their convenience only as they have (and still are) using this area to access building works with heavy construction vehicles. This is a clear contravention of the planning approval condition.
This area is used by the public and WDC has given no thought to their safety or the continued inconvenience and nuisance caused to people occupying adjacent properties.
Therefore does this delay in resolving the traffic calming issue mean that WDC will be permitted to continue contravening the planning condition?