Q&A: Dunmow county councillor Susan Barker
- Credit: Susan Barker
How would you best describe your job or role in the community?
I am there to help and give advice as best I can.
How long have you lived in Saffron/Dunmow?
I have lived in High Easter since 1989 and all my life have lived and worked in Essex.
What would you do if you were mayor for a day?
You may also want to watch:
I would never want to be mayor but if I was then get a sponsored flight/ hot air balloon and look down at the district from the sky.
What is your favourite landmark in the area?
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
Aythorpe Roding Windmill
What is your favourite pub in the Saffron/Dunmow?
I don’t really do pubs except on holiday but I will nominate the Spotted Dog as it’s next door.
Which shops do you rely on in Saffron/Dunmow?
Tesco in Dunmow and the Library. Rose Garden Florist and I miss the shoe shop.
What is your favourite place to go and eat in the area?
What is a perfect day in Saffron/Dunmow for you?
Meeting people I know when out and about.
Which places in Saffron/Dunmow would you recommend to visitors?
The Maltings in Dunmow and perhaps a visit to Great Hallingbury to see how the village is affected by the airport
Who is your Saffron/Dunmow hero?
I have to say my husband.
What do you most love about Saffron/Dunmow?