Q&A: Dunmow county councillor Susan Barker
- Credit: Susan Barker
How would you best describe your job or role in the community?
I am there to help and give advice as best I can.
How long have you lived in Saffron/Dunmow?
I have lived in High Easter since 1989 and all my life have lived and worked in Essex.
What would you do if you were mayor for a day?
I would never want to be mayor but if I was then get a sponsored flight/ hot air balloon and look down at the district from the sky.
What is your favourite landmark in the area?
- 1 Takeley car park could be turned into houses
- 2 Essex fire crews tackle around 70 incidents in three-hour window after rain
- 3 Essex A-level results 2022: Students celebrate grades
- 4 Date set for RideLondon 2023
- 5 Residents raise concerns over developer's 'unacceptable' water use
- 6 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 7 New environmental services depot opens in Little Canfield
- 8 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Overnight closures planned for electrical works on M11 junction
- 10 Upcoming changes to bus routes in Great Dunmow
Aythorpe Roding Windmill
What is your favourite pub in the Saffron/Dunmow?
I don’t really do pubs except on holiday but I will nominate the Spotted Dog as it’s next door.
Which shops do you rely on in Saffron/Dunmow?
Tesco in Dunmow and the Library. Rose Garden Florist and I miss the shoe shop.
What is your favourite place to go and eat in the area?
What is a perfect day in Saffron/Dunmow for you?
Meeting people I know when out and about.
Which places in Saffron/Dunmow would you recommend to visitors?
The Maltings in Dunmow and perhaps a visit to Great Hallingbury to see how the village is affected by the airport
Who is your Saffron/Dunmow hero?
I have to say my husband.
What do you most love about Saffron/Dunmow?