The letter from Messrs. Gayler and Jones is breathtaking in its hypocrisy. I am surprised that Stephen Jones has let himself get sucked into such a political farce. To suggest a two per cent tax increase was planned since last summer is nonsense. If so of
The letter from Messrs. Gayler and Jones is breathtaking in its hypocrisy. I am surprised that Stephen Jones has let himself get sucked into such a political farce.
To suggest a two per cent tax increase was planned since last summer is nonsense. If so officers of the council, councillors and the area panels were deliberately misled. This is not behaviour of a properly organised administration.
The facts are simple. All the planning and paperwork were based on 4.5 per cent. Uttlesford District Council has overspent by a million pounds in two years. The reserves are shrinking rapidly and could disappear this year.
In March 2006 the Audit Commission raised many questions about the Council's financial competence. The fear is that Uttlesford could be in debt unless proper financial planning is put in place. We must act before it is too late.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary