Come on developers, play fair!
I HAVE taken over the PR role for the Residents Association for Oakwood Park Little Dunmow. The first main issue we want to take up with the press URGENTLY is the fact that Mr Ovenden of Uttlesford District Council has confirmed there are now more that
I HAVE taken over the PR role for the Residents' Association for Oakwood Park Little Dunmow.
The first main issue we want to take up with the press URGENTLY is the fact that Mr Ovenden of Uttlesford District
Council has confirmed there are now more that 501 occupied houses on the site.
The conditions made during planning approval for the development was that the playing fields had to be in place once 501 houses were occupied.
You may also want to watch:
The Parish Council has been pressing UDC and Enodis that a village hall and playing fields should have started construction beforehand because it requires a season for the pitches to settle before they can be used.
We all know that Enodis is appealing for the extra 162 houses and this would then mean the playing fields would be moved across Stebbing Brook into Felsted. So they are holding back on the playing fields in the hope of winning the appeal.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 5 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 6 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 7 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 8 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 In pictures: Roman Day for primary school pupils
Also the village centre, pub and surgery are supposed to be in place when we reach more than 601 houses, and at the rate of build we should exceed this next summer, so again they should have started building these.
The plans are still not approved, although a new version is being submitted to UDC in January. It is not fair that we are still waiting for these facilities.
Some of us like myself have been here four years now and waited for these facilities and kept being told they won't be here until the 501st house - well the house is here so where are all the facilities?