Come on developers, play fair!
I HAVE taken over the PR role for the Residents Association for Oakwood Park Little Dunmow. The first main issue we want to take up with the press URGENTLY is the fact that Mr Ovenden of Uttlesford District Council has confirmed there are now more that
I HAVE taken over the PR role for the Residents' Association for Oakwood Park Little Dunmow.
The first main issue we want to take up with the press URGENTLY is the fact that Mr Ovenden of Uttlesford District
Council has confirmed there are now more that 501 occupied houses on the site.
The conditions made during planning approval for the development was that the playing fields had to be in place once 501 houses were occupied.
You may also want to watch:
The Parish Council has been pressing UDC and Enodis that a village hall and playing fields should have started construction beforehand because it requires a season for the pitches to settle before they can be used.
We all know that Enodis is appealing for the extra 162 houses and this would then mean the playing fields would be moved across Stebbing Brook into Felsted. So they are holding back on the playing fields in the hope of winning the appeal.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Also the village centre, pub and surgery are supposed to be in place when we reach more than 601 houses, and at the rate of build we should exceed this next summer, so again they should have started building these.
The plans are still not approved, although a new version is being submitted to UDC in January. It is not fair that we are still waiting for these facilities.
Some of us like myself have been here four years now and waited for these facilities and kept being told they won't be here until the 501st house - well the house is here so where are all the facilities?