ALL THOSE saluting Uttlesford District Council s decision to reject Stansted Airport s planning application due to climate change should take a closer look at the detail – it tells quite a different story. The council s own officers actually reported: 1.
ALL THOSE saluting Uttlesford District Council's decision to reject Stansted Airport's planning application due to climate change should take a closer look at the detail - it tells quite a different story.
The council's own officers actually reported:
1. Given the importance of climate change, there is a case for refusing changes to conditions sought on climate change grounds.
2. It is acknowledged that no climate change effect directly linked to additional movements on the existing runway could be demonstrated.
So, there you have it. No noticeable effect on climate change from the expansion proposals could be proved.
The officers were obviously desperate to give members a 'get out of jail' card and, ultimately, recommended they hide and wait for the Government to confirm what the Stern Report actually said; you can grow and be green.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
Councillors, come clean and explain what happened.