ALL THOSE saluting Uttlesford District Council s decision to reject Stansted Airport s planning application due to climate change should take a closer look at the detail – it tells quite a different story. The council s own officers actually reported: 1.
ALL THOSE saluting Uttlesford District Council's decision to reject Stansted Airport's planning application due to climate change should take a closer look at the detail - it tells quite a different story.
The council's own officers actually reported:
1. Given the importance of climate change, there is a case for refusing changes to conditions sought on climate change grounds.
2. It is acknowledged that no climate change effect directly linked to additional movements on the existing runway could be demonstrated.
You may also want to watch:
So, there you have it. No noticeable effect on climate change from the expansion proposals could be proved.
The officers were obviously desperate to give members a 'get out of jail' card and, ultimately, recommended they hide and wait for the Government to confirm what the Stern Report actually said; you can grow and be green.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 5 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 6 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 7 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 8 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
Councillors, come clean and explain what happened.