ALL THOSE saluting Uttlesford District Council s decision to reject Stansted Airport s planning application due to climate change should take a closer look at the detail – it tells quite a different story. The council s own officers actually reported: 1.
ALL THOSE saluting Uttlesford District Council's decision to reject Stansted Airport's planning application due to climate change should take a closer look at the detail - it tells quite a different story.
The council's own officers actually reported:
1. Given the importance of climate change, there is a case for refusing changes to conditions sought on climate change grounds.
2. It is acknowledged that no climate change effect directly linked to additional movements on the existing runway could be demonstrated.
You may also want to watch:
So, there you have it. No noticeable effect on climate change from the expansion proposals could be proved.
The officers were obviously desperate to give members a 'get out of jail' card and, ultimately, recommended they hide and wait for the Government to confirm what the Stern Report actually said; you can grow and be green.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
Councillors, come clean and explain what happened.