I HAVE to say to J. Denton and the other well meaning bleeding hearts that their attitude is contributing to the over stretched resources in the UK in regards to benefits, housing, jobs opportunities and fuels the rising anti-foreign climate. I am not
I HAVE to say to J. Denton and the other well meaning 'bleeding hearts' that their attitude is contributing to the over stretched resources in the UK in regards to benefits, housing, jobs opportunities and fuels the rising 'anti-foreign' climate. I am not without heart but these people are not our responsibility.
The attitude of Uttlesford District Council is misguided and at best downright offensive!
My husband has a family in Leaden Roding and as he is in very ill health, our property is not suitable for his needs we have been on the housing list for some years and have hoped for a ground floor flat in Leaden to be closer to family for extra support. Yet we have been ignored whilst properties have stood empty in Holloway Crescent that are much needed.
Why have they stood empty UDC? Are we then to assume that there are no homeless English people in Uttlesford? I think not!
How does UDC have the gall to put its 'duty' towards foreigners above that of Uttlesford residents? If this cause is so worthy let the bleeding hearts of UDC stand up, be counted and welcome the evacuees into their own homes.
The elderly residents know what terror and trauma life brings but at this period of their lives they have the right to peace of mind and not to endure criticism for feeling worried about the evacuees.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 3 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 4 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 5 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 6 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 7 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 8 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 9 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 10 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
It is a shame UDC seems to be docile. The UK is an island that is being choked. So to you 'compassionate' people and those with an 'open door policy', be passionate about causes affecting your own people? Do you think you can you muster the courage for that?