I HAVE to say to J. Denton and the other well meaning bleeding hearts that their attitude is contributing to the over stretched resources in the UK in regards to benefits, housing, jobs opportunities and fuels the rising anti-foreign climate. I am not
I HAVE to say to J. Denton and the other well meaning 'bleeding hearts' that their attitude is contributing to the over stretched resources in the UK in regards to benefits, housing, jobs opportunities and fuels the rising 'anti-foreign' climate. I am not without heart but these people are not our responsibility.
The attitude of Uttlesford District Council is misguided and at best downright offensive!
My husband has a family in Leaden Roding and as he is in very ill health, our property is not suitable for his needs we have been on the housing list for some years and have hoped for a ground floor flat in Leaden to be closer to family for extra support. Yet we have been ignored whilst properties have stood empty in Holloway Crescent that are much needed.
Why have they stood empty UDC? Are we then to assume that there are no homeless English people in Uttlesford? I think not!
You may also want to watch:
How does UDC have the gall to put its 'duty' towards foreigners above that of Uttlesford residents? If this cause is so worthy let the bleeding hearts of UDC stand up, be counted and welcome the evacuees into their own homes.
The elderly residents know what terror and trauma life brings but at this period of their lives they have the right to peace of mind and not to endure criticism for feeling worried about the evacuees.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 4 New cycle network consultation announced
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
It is a shame UDC seems to be docile. The UK is an island that is being choked. So to you 'compassionate' people and those with an 'open door policy', be passionate about causes affecting your own people? Do you think you can you muster the courage for that?