MAY I thank everyone involved in last month s British Red Cross Flag Week. Uttlesford raised in excess of £16,000, which was a magnificent total, due to the enthusiastic hard work of an army of organisers and collectors as well as the generosity of the p
MAY I thank everyone involved in last month's British Red Cross Flag Week.
Uttlesford raised in excess of £16,000, which was a magnificent total, due to the enthusiastic hard work of an army of organisers and collectors as well as the generosity of the public.
In Saffron Walden our house-to-house team raised £1,026, and a street collection added a further £604. In Great Dunmow the house-to-house collection amounted to £2,145. There is never a lack of demand for the wide range of services provided unobtrusively by the Red Cross, so it is enormously encouraging to know that our work receives such great support. Congratulations to all who contributed.
You may also want to watch:
Flag Week Organiser for Uttlesford
- 1 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary