WHY GRANT £45,000 to one group of unsupervised youths? Better the money be shared between supervised groups, e.g. proper maintenance of football pitches, Majorettes and youth clubs. The skatepark, as Mr Verley said in his letter in The Broadcast on Octobe
WHY GRANT £45,000 to one group of unsupervised youths? Better the money be shared between supervised groups, e.g. proper maintenance of football pitches, Majorettes and youth clubs.
The skatepark, as Mr Verley said in his letter in The Broadcast on October 5, is a place "where kids hang out and mess around". That is - to leave behind drugs, needles, litter, graffiti, light fires, and in the summer months leave the park around 2am.
Call the police during unsociable hours? Oh yes, they no doubt will turn up and then proceed to argue with the troublemakers for another hour outside your property. And they don't move them on.
Mr Verley, they are on my doorstep, along the Causeway. You obviously do not live here. If you do you must be a sound sleeper, or are prepared to put up with antisocial behaviour.
The roundabout a waste of money? Ask anyone living in Godfrey Way how they value it. People living at the top of the road save 15 to 20 minutes in the rush hour to get out on to the main road, money well-spent I would say, for hundreds of people.
Mrs C Thompson
- 1 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 6 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
- 9 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 10 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'