I?HAVE?been accused of using exaggerating language in my statement regarding the council s effort to reduce the council s carbon footprint. I must apologise if it seemed that way. We are in fact monitoring the council s footprint very closely (the counci
I?HAVE?been accused of using exaggerating language in my statement regarding the council's effort to reduce the council's carbon footprint. I must apologise if it
seemed that way.
We are in fact monitoring the council's footprint very closely (the council offices, transport etc) and
exploring every option available to improve.
You may also want to watch:
Our energy surveyor Jake Roos is working very hard to reduce the council's footprint and so far he has made excellent progress.
We have established a climate change working group and we are developing a strategy to ensure that over the next four years and longer we will continue to reduce emissions and increase our efficiency.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
As far as councillors are concerned I think it's important that they also work to reduce their emissions!
However the council is moving in a positive direction and I certainly wouldn't say that if I didn't believe that was the case.
Cllr David-James Sadler
Uttlesford District Councillor